Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner-Full Time
Recovering Champions, Inc. is a comprehensive treatment program specializing in substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. To give our clients the best chance of recovery, we offer a structured yet personalized approach that fosters life-changing experiences of hope and freedom.
We support each of our clients through a warm, encouraging, and vibrant safe space on beautiful Cape Cod, which helps each member of our community to develop lasting relationships, define long-term goals, and achieve ongoing success.
Seeking Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner-Full Time
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner provides direct psychiatric services through patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment as part of a multidisciplinary team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist medical dept with the initial and ongoing evaluation of patient care
- Working with the medical team to make appropriate decisions on symptom management and ongoing stabilization
- Oversee the medical staff’s clinical record keeping for treatment assessment and interventions
- Coordinate with clinical and medical staff to effectively and efficiently carry out insurance authorization, treatment plans and procedures
- Provide relapse prevention counseling and education, crisis counseling, and family counseling as needed
- Provide supervision and participate with Executive Dir & Clinical Dir in clinical meetings; participate in multidisciplinary cross training
- Maintain confidentiality in all clinical matters
Qualifications and Skills
- Current MA State licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with dually-diagnosed substance abuse and psychiatric patients
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive working relationship in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prioritize and to be detail-oriented, multi-task and must strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to make critical clinical decisions independently; ability to process information quickly
Strong medical/clinical understanding of the business of health care
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected]
Apply To This Job
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Job Application: Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner-Full Time" as the subject line.